Friday, August 21, 2009

Students at Risk 6399 - Week 5

I have sent emails to all students at risk this week.  To the students who did not attend tutorials this week but have attended in other weeks, I sent:

Dear student

According to my records you did not attend your tutorial in Week 5. Tutorials are the most important component of the unit and it is essential that you make every effort to attend your tutorial every week if you hope to pass the unit.

If you have any questions about the material you missed, please come and see me during my consultation hours (on LearnOnline) or call to make an appointment.


To the students who have not attended any tutorials this semester, I sent:

Dear student

According to my records you have not attended any tutorials this semester. If you do intend to continue with your studies in this unit then missing these tutorials has seriously damaged your chances of passing the unit. It is imperative that you make every effort to attend tutorials every week for the remainder of the semester if you hope to recover from your current position and have a chance of passing the unit.

If you do not intend to continue with your studies in this unit, I recommend that you withdraw from the unit as soon as possible to avoid a fail result on your academic transcript.

If you have any questions about any of the material you have missed, please see me during my consultation times (on LearnOnline) or call me to make an appointment.


To the students who have missed this week's tutorial and have missed one other tutorial, I sent:



Dear student

According to my records you have not attended tutorials in 2 of the last 3 weeks. Missing these two tutorials seriously damages your chances of passing the unit. It is imperative that you make every effort to attend tutorials every week for the remainder of the semester if you hope to recover from your current position and have a chance of passing the unit. If you have any questions about any of the material you have missed, please see me during my consultation times (on LearnOnline) or call me to make an appointment.


I have also sent emails to students who have performed poorly in the second online test:



Dear student

You did not achieve 70% of the second online test.  This means that your mark for this test is 0.

As it appears you are having difficulty with the unit, please come and see me during my consultation hours or call to make an appointment. At this appointment I can help you overcome your difficulties with the unit and we can develop a strategy for your studies for the remainder of the semester which will maximise your chances of passing the unit.




Finally, I sent individual emails to the two students who did not attempt the second online test:

Dear xxxx

You have not attempted either online test in Contemporary Issues in Accounting 6399. This means that you cannot satisfy the conditions required to pass the unit unless you have a valid reason for not attempting the tests.

Please contact me as a matter of urgency.


Dear xxxx

You have not attempted the second online test in the unit. In order to pass the unit you must attempt 5 of the 6 online tests in the unit. If you do not attempt another of the tests you will fail the unit unless you have a valid reason for not attempting the test.

No comments: