Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Students at Risk - 6399 week 4

I have sent emails to all students who:
  • Did not attend tutorials in week 4
  • Did not attend tutorials in both weeks 3 and 4 but have advised me of their reasons for not attending
  • Did not attend tutorials in both weeks 3 and 4 but have not contacted me
I have also sent SMS messages to the third group if their mobile number was on Callista.


The emails to the first group were:

Dear student

According to my records you did not attend your tutorial in Week 4. Tutorials are the most important component of the unit and it is essential that you make every effort to attend your tutorial every week if you hope to pass the unit.

If you have any questions about the material you missed, please come and see me during my consultation hours (on LearnOnline) or call to make an appointment.


The emails to the second group were
:

Dear student

According to my records you have not attended tutorials in weeks 3 and 4. While you have informed me of your reasons for non-attendance, missing these two tutorials seriously damages your chances of passing the unit. It is imperative that you make every effort to attend tutorials every week for the remainder of the semester if you hope to recover from your current position and have a chance of passing the unit.

If you have any questions about any of the material you have missed, please see me during my consultation times (on LearnOnline) or call me to make an appointment.


The emails to the third group were:

Dear student

According to my records you have not attended tutorials in weeks 3 and 4 and you have not contacted me to explain your absence. As I have stated on LearnOnline, you will be deleted from the tutorial in which you are enrolled unless you email me before 1700 on Friday 14th August stating that you wish to remain in your tutorial. Remember to include in the subject line of your email the unit number (6399) and your student number.

If you do not intend to continue with your studies in this unit, I recommend that you withdraw prior to Census date which is Friday 14th August 2009.

If you do intend to continue with your studies in this unit then missing these two tutorials has seriously damaged your chances of passing the unit. It is imperative that you make every effort to attend tutorials every week for the remainder of the semester if you hope to recover from your current position and have a chance of passing the unit.

If you have any questions about any of the material you have missed, please see me during my consultation times (on LearnOnline) or call me to make an appointment.



No comments: